24*7 talk live :call +91 484 4144000 or
Meetings & Events
Book Your Stay
Basic Planning Tips
- Determine date(s) and time(s) of the meeting(s), and if possible a set of alternative date(s) and time(s).
- Decide on the destination city.
- Will guest rooms be needed? If so, how many?
- Will meeting space be needed?
- Will food & beverage be needed?
- Will audio/visual equipment be needed?
- Will audio/visual equipment be needed?
- Determine the total budget spend for the meeting(s). Break down the budget to allow for:
- Guest rooms
- Meeting space
- Food & beverage
- Audio / visual equipment rental
- If the meeting is more than one day, determine the daily schedule.
- Make sure you have a Hilton HHonors account or Fast Res account to make it easier for you to book your group online.
- How many guest rooms will be required for each night of the meeting?
- What is the breakdown number of singles, doubles, and suites? Inquire about the different room types offered by the hotel.
- Are these counts estimates or exact?
- How many people will occupy each room?
- What is the budgeted guest room rate?
- Are connecting rooms required or would you prefer to have rooms with no connecting doors?
- Do all or any of the rooms need to be on the same floor or near each other?
- After check-in, ask the hotel sales manager for a copy of the room list complete with guest names and room numbers. This will allow you to know where everyone is in case of an emergency.
- Is the meeting room separated from adjoining rooms? Are there solid walls, sliding panel or air walls? View the hotel's meeting space floor plan images, where applicable.
- Determine the full duration of the meeting.
- If the meeting is scheduled over several days, are the start and end times different for each day?
- Determine the number of people attending.
- What kind of seating arrangement is needed? (Reception, Theatre, U shape, Classroom, Conference, Banquet and Hollow Square)
- Prepare name tents or plates for attendees if a seating plan is required.
- Determine what type of Audio/Visual equipment is required and if the hotel has any package offers.
- Will a podium and microphone be needed?
- Determine the agenda.
- Will flip charts, white boards, notepads, pens, and markers, etc be needed? Does the hotel provide a complimentary meeting package for basic items?
- What types of meeting packages does the hotel offer?
- Request equipment be set up and the room prepared before the meeting is scheduled to begin.
- Is a phone with a speaker needed? Is there a charge for phone conference dialing?
- Is internet service required? How many ports are needed and what is the cost?
- Determine the number of people to be served at the meeting and at what times.
- Determine menu and beverage choices.
- Will your attendees require food & beverage during the meeting or during breakouts?
- Is a separate room needed for breakouts or is the preference to be served in the meeting room?
- If food & beverage is going to be served during the meeting, can it be served with minimal disturbance?
- Will coffee and/or water be needed throughout the meeting?
- Advise the hotel of any special dietary requirements for people attending the meeting.
- Determine the food and beverage service charges.
Food and Beverage
- Who is responsible for the payment of guest rooms and the meeting room?
- How will incidentals (phone calls, room service, etc.) be handled?
- How will final payment be made? Credit card, check, etc?
- Who will be authorized to make changes for the meeting that would involve extra charges from the hotel?
- Is an advanced deposit required? If so, is there a payment schedule?
- Would you like to set up a master bill with the hotel? If so, what charges will be added and who is authorized to make those charges?
Billing and Payment
- Check the available parking at the hotel. Is there a cost?
- Is transportation available to and from airport? Is there a schedule or will you need to make reservations? Is there a charge?
- Let property know of accessibility special needs for guests' rooms, public areas or function rooms.
- Ensure hotel is fully aware of the delivery and collection times planned by all outside vendors.
- What business office services are offered by the hotel, such as making copies, and what is the charge?
Additional Basic Tips
- Business Hotels :
- Abad Plaza, MG Road
- Abad Atrium, MG Road
- Abad Metro, Rajaji Road
- Hotel Abad, Fort Cochin
- Airport Hotel, Opp.Cochin Airport
1996- 2011 Abad Hotels & Resorts Kerala India::::Powered And SEO By Netcraft::::